Even though we don’t have it all figured out, we have each other!
In this season of saying many goodbyes and in the middle of a whirlwind of preparations to uproot our family, I have to take this opportunity to celebrate my man. Exactly one week before we load up the moving truck, we are blessed to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary! Does that make us sound old? Nah. Afterall, we were babies when we said our “I do’s.” Hehe.
It hasn’t been easy. I’m sure at moments we have both felt overwhelmed and underappreciated. By the GRACE of GOD we are here today and I can’t imagine anyone I would rather have by my side. In a tribute to him, here are 13 reasons why I love my husband:
1. He tells me that he loves me. (Nothing hard, but I need to hear it!) *Ephesians 5:25 “Husbands love your wives.”
2. He prays with me. (We haven’t always done this, but it has been a game changer for our marraige. It’s hard to know what blessings we have seen in our marriage as a result of this, but I’m sure they are significant. I am thankful.) *Matthew 18:20 “Where two have gathered together in my name, I am there in their midst.”
3. He says thank you. (I like that he notices whatever it is he is saying thank you about. I know its a simple thing, but it matters to me.) *Proverbs 31:11 “Her husband has full confidence in her.”
4. He likes my cooking and prefers to eat at home. (It’s important to us to sit around the table and have that time as a family, I can’t think of one meal that I have cooked that he has complained about and there is NO WAY all of them have been good.) 🙂 *Ecc 8:15 …”Eat, drink and be merry.”
5. He is a hard worker. I’m grateful that he enjoys a hard days work and that he has a great work ethic. * Proverbs 14:23 “All hard work brings a profit.”
6. He loves the Lord. He takes us to church. I’m sure that this commitment to our God is the only reason we have been able to weather the storms we have faced. *Luke 10:27 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind.”
7. He is humble, never really needing any recognition for anything he does. (This is another reason he may be a little upset with me, now that I have posted a public display of my affection for him!) 🙂 *Proverbs 22:4 “Humility is the fear of the Lord.”
8. He makes me laugh. *Job 8:21 “He will fill your mouth with laughter!”
9. He loves his family. It’s one of his greatest characteristics. I love watching him with our kids, and the love he has for them melts my heart. He would do anything for his family, its a noble and endearing quality. *Joshua 24:15 “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.”
10. He isn’t afraid to admit he is wrong. 1 Corin 4:2 “It is required of stewards that they be found faithful.”
11. He lets me be myself. *1 John 4:12 “If we love one another, God remains in us…”
12. He is a good friend. My very best friend. *Mark 10:8 “The two shall become one flesh.”
13. He is a good man. Enough said. 🙂 Job 8:20 “God will not reject a man of integrity.”
Marriage is work, but it is totally worth it. Marriage is a beautful thing! I hope I haven’t embarassed him too much. This year’s anniversary also happens to be the same day our church commissioned us to go on mission with God in Denver. WOW. Only in God’s plan and His timing. What a special day to celebrate both of our greatest adventures! We are definetly not the same couple that pledged to stay married 13 years ago, thank you, Lord! I pray we grow old and gray together.